What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an Android phone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

Andy Burnelli

May 11, 2022, 8:05:47 PM5/11/22
What freeware do you use to share an Android phone screen
*over the Internet* (with remote control) to Windows 10?

Note: The goal is for Windows 10 to see & control an Android
smartphone _over the Internet_, for free (preferably no ads).

Googling, I find there are many possible free applications, e.g.,

*Windows Remote Desktop client for Android* by Microsoft
Released: 04/25/2022 (They don't say if this works for Windows 10?)
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android>
*Remote Desktop* by Microsoft Corporation
Free, ad free, gsf free, rated 3.6, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.rdc.androidx>

ISL Light Online for Windows
<https://www.islonline.net/users/start/ISLAlwaysOn>
<https://www.islonline.net/start/ISLAlwaysOn>
Name: ISL AlwaysOn.exe
Size: 582096 bytes (568 KiB)
SHA256: A14AEDD852744AA47C05E195C31489CB37E0AD56376AB9FE779EFAE01B669352
*ISL Light Remote Desktop* by ISL Online
Free, ad free, gsf free, rated 2.8, 100K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.islonline.isllight.mobile.android>

*Inkwire* Screen Share + Assist by ClockworkMod
Free, ad free, requires GSF, rated 3.1, 5M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.inkwire>
"Inkwire which allows device screen sharing and remote control."

*RemoDroid* by Ivaylo Dimitrov
Free, ad free, requires GSF, rated 3.2, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.im.RemoDroid>

*TeamViewer* Remote Control, by TeamViewer
Free, ad free, requires GSF, rated 4.7, 50M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile>

*ApowerMirror* Screen Mirroring by Apowersoft
Free, ad free + in-app $, requires GSF, rated 4.0, 10M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apowersoft.mirror>

*VNC Viewer* Remote Desktop by RealVNC Limited
Free, ad free, requires GSF, rated 4.5, 5M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.realvnc.viewer.android>

*AirMirror* Remote control by SAND STUDIO
Free, +ads, requires GSF, rated 4.4, 1M+ installs (limited 200MB of data)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airmirror>

*AirDroid* File & Remote Access by SAND STUDIO
Free, +ads + in-app $, requires GSF, rated 4.2, 10M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid>

*Screen Share* Remote Assistance by Remote control
Free, +ads, requires GSF, rated 2.5, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nfo.oneassist>

--
On Usenet, we can pool our knowledge and skills so everyong learns more.